What can you do with an online MSN-FNP degree?
The overall career outlook for all types of nurse practitioners — including FNPs — is excellent. With job openings expected to grow by 34 percent through 2022, it truly is the perfect time to advance your expertise within the field.
Where can you work?
- Hospitals and medical clinics
- Urgent care clinics
- Health departments
- Private homes
- Primary Care Private Practices
- Community clinics
What roles can you hold?
- Primary Care Mid-level Provider
- Acute Care Mid-level Provider
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Researcher
What’s your growth potential?
With demand for nurse practitioners surging in the U.S., the potential payoff is promising:
- BSNs who pursue their MSN to qualify for a nurse practitioner role could see a $25,000 salary increase. (Salary.com)
- Nurse practitioners earned an annual median wage of nearly $103,880 in 2017. (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- U.S.News & World Report ranks nurse practitioners among the best career paths in 2018: #3 Best Healthcare Jobs and #4 in the 100 Best Jobs.
Sources: Salary.com (data as of February 2015); BLS.gov (data as of February 2017); U.S. News & World Report