Prepare to Lead the Future of Primary Care.
The country will be short at least 100,000 family medicine doctors by 2025 — making demand for advanced practice nurses more pressing than ever. That’s why Bradley University offers you a convenient and supportive way to pursue one of today’s most satisfying and fast-growing career paths. Make the next step in your nursing career a focused one: become a family nurse practitioner.Have questions about our curriculum?
Higher Learning Commission
The master’s degree program in Nursing, Post-Graduate APRN Certificate program, and the Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Bradley University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
U.S. News & World Report.
You already have your MSN, and now you’re ready to specialize your education even further. Gain the education to provide care for patients of all ages — from newborns to seniors — with an Online Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Certificate from Bradley University.
We created this specialized educational track for masters-prepared RNs who want to focus on caring for families while gaining the leadership expertise to operate with greater autonomy.
- Total program course credit hours: 35
- Semesters to program completion: 5
- Time to program completion: 1.7 years
- Campus residency: None
- Capstone: No
- Supervised clinical practicums: Yes
- Admission cycles: Fall, spring, summer
- Complete coursework: 100 percent online – asynchronous
Enroll in Bradley’s online FNP certificate program and prepare to:
- Expand your expertise in advanced nursing theory, patient-centered care and research practice.
- Provide high-quality care for individuals and families throughout the life continuum.
- Offer disease prevention and management, counseling and health education for families.
- Gain the autonomy to conduct exams, diagnose illness and prescribe medication.
- Become eligible to take the ANCC or AANP certification exam.
Why Bradley for your Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate?
Powerful Outcomes Begin Here.
Bradley University has been shaping leaders and innovators since 1897. Continuously driven by our commitment to excellence in teaching, research and learning, we’ve designed our online post-masters FNP certificate program to expertly combine rigorous academics with real-world practice.
Widely respected for our outstanding faculty and student-centered approach to learning, we’re able to provide the resources of a large public university — but with the personalized attention of a small private college. Study with us and join a rich culture of collaboration, support and shared values, one that will challenge you to grow personally and professionally.
When you choose Bradley University, you choose flexibility. Our online FNP Certificate program allows you to complete your clinical hours with approved preceptors of your choice. Get the most out of your clinical hours by selecting different preceptors for each area of study that your clinical hours emphasize.
If you’re ready to master the art and science of patient-centered care, then we’re ready for you.
Is an online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate program right for you?
Need help deciding whether an online FNP certificate aligns with your current needs and future goals? We can help.
Our online FNP Certificate program is an ideal choice if:
- You’ve already earned your MSN from an accredited nursing program.
- You’re passionate about family medicine.
- You want to establish yourself as a leader in primary care.
- You’re a master’s-prepared RN ready to broaden your scope of practice.
- You wish to advance your professional career
- You want to collaborate with and learn from other aspiring nurse practitioners.
- You want a flexible online learning environment that fits your busy schedule.
- You’re eager to learn from a faculty of passionate and experienced clinicians.
- You’re ready to earn an advanced degree that elevates your earnings potential.